Saturday, March 23, 2013

What, Say What!

Normally I don't have a problem with words and coming up with something somewhat witty to say, but honestly, this has got me stumped so instead, I will let the picture do the talking:

      (It's a little hard to read but it says "I'm gonna be a Big Brother and I'm gonna be a Big Sister!")

If you're thinking puppies or kittens, you're not too far off, just think less hairy (well, hopefully!). If you thought of a human baby, you're pretty spot on! Jeremy and I are going to be venturing into the world of parenthood around October 8th (my first ultrasound next Friday will verify this date)!!! I still can't get over being able to tell myself I'M PREGNANT!!!!! Currently I'm 11 and 1/2 weeks which means I'm nearly done with the first trimester!!!! Thank goodness (I'm really hoping for my all-day sickness to go away)!!!!

We found out around the beginning of February, on a fine Sunday morning. I woke up and excitedly went to put the pregnancy test to work! Not a minute later my test came back saying I was pregnant (thank you Clear Blue)! I tried to compose myself (is that possible to do?!) and went into the bedroom where Jeremy was still sleeping. I said good morning, turned on the light and went to sit next to him and show him my hard work. Poor guy, I really should  have let him wake up a little bit! He stared at the test and said things like "What is that?" and "Where's the lines?" and "I don't understand it." I told him it was digital and it used words, not lines. He looked at it again and said "Oh! Yay, you're pregnant!" I find it a very cute story (hey, he was prepared for the hard 'line' test and not the easy one so I'm not complaining) :-) 

We have ended up doing this a lot lately in the evenings because of me not feeling good... I have some awesome cuddle buddies who are always willing to volunteer their services :-)

Not too many days later I developed some of my first signs of pregnancy, which definitely made it more real! I told the teachers that I worked with and my principal, but that was it. And let me say, it was SO hard to stop it with just those few people! But thank goodness I had them to talk to about it or I may have gone crazy!

Last week was Jeremy's spring break from Michigan Tech. I was trying to hold out for going down at Easter, but alas, it just wasn't in the cards. So with two days notice, we made the journey to down to see our families. I'll write about telling them the awesome news soon :-) It was awesome!

I still have moments where I think "Is this really happening?!" and am reminded it is with every bathroom run and every moment of nausea. Sometimes when I'm having a hard time falling back to sleep in the middle of the night, I think of what kind of mom I'll be and what an amazing dad Jeremy is going to be. Then I just cuddle up to my favorite person in the world and go back to sleep with a smile on my face. This is going to be an AWESOME adventure for us!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats Sarah you are going to be an amazing mom! Wishing you the best during this preganacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sarah and Jeremy!!! I am soo excited for you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete