Saturday, January 19, 2013

What's White and Smooth and Cold All Over?

... It's a Ski Hill! Or in this case, a very specific ski hill called Mount Ripley! Why do I start this off mentioning a ski hill you ask? Well, I happen to collide once again with this white beast of nature!

Two winters ago, Jeremy introduced me to skiing. I did it twice. Both were very fun times (as well as very brutal I might add), and I honestly wasn't too bad at it. It was a fun thing to do in the winter and something that I had always wanted to try.

Fast forward two years... I was a very lucky girl and got snowboarding gear for Christmas! I know, not skis but a SNOWBOARD! I have always wanted to learn how to snowboard so I was pleased as punch!

                                                      Right before my lesson... excited!

 I got signed up for classes and had my first one on Thursday and let me tell you what: it was a BLAST! I have two really great teachers and a nice sized class (about 12 to 15 people). I learned 'skating' and how to turn, but not how to ride the T bar so what that means is that in order to practice going down the hill I had to WALK up the hill! What a workout!

And let me tell you something else about that night: it was absolutely FREEZING! Like 3 degrees freezing with a windchill of  below zero! But thanks to Jeremy teaching me how to layer my clothing (I felt like a marshmallow) I stayed pretty warm!

                                   Super happy, but pretty sure my smile was frozen on at this point!

My partner in crime didn't get to do any snowboarding because he broke a binding on his board... but he sure looked good and ready to go!

                                                   He looks like such an expert doesn't he!

And for all those who are worried about me breaking something... don't worry, they taught me how to fall correctly so I don't hurt myself :-)

2 comments:

  1. I would like to be clear that the binding broke last season and I just forgot to fix it... I was taking lessons and got ready to take my binding off at the bottom of the hill and there wasn't anything there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you forget that you had 3 teachers... yeesh!

      Delete